Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: college football week 1

Mike,

For the record.

I am not a Boise State fan. I have never attended one of their games. Boise is 260 miles south of me. The University of Idaho is 30 miles north of my home and I have never attended one of their games.

If you read my original post, I am a college football fan.

I have never liked the BCS since it started. It doesn't always put the best two teams against each other.

I do think a lot of folks favor college football teams for little reason other than blind loyalty.

Too many "big schools" look down on small college football teams, however, and fail to see that some are in reality pretty good.

A lot of talent comes out of small insignificant colleges. Let me give you an example. Eastern Illinois University.......the current head coaches of the Minnesota Vikings and the New Orleans Saints are alumni.....also a little known quarterback....Tony Romo...Cowboys.....and A Pro-bowl punter too.

IMHO, the toughest conference in the nation is the SEC.

However, I will stand by my original statement. What I like about college football is the magnitude that emotions play in the game and on any given day, any college football could beat any other college football team because of the emotions.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken

Now we're on the same page.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
    a)i hate to get overly optimstic for the razorbacks but if they get past georgia on the road, the whole season comes down to saban, which is a home game. if they manage to pull off the upset it's pretty smooth sailing to the SEC championship game after that, except for auburn on the road. we shall see .
    . . . get past GA on the road . . . in your dreams Neal, in your dreams! GO DAWGS!!!!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Living in eastern North Carolina, and East Carolina University just 6 miles from my home, I had to be pleased with their win. Nice way to start the season, but they still have a lot to work on with their defense; no team should have to wait until the clock ticks it last tick to win a game.

They wanted a $1,000,000 to play in Lincoln. No thanks. Boise needs to join a tough conference and deal with the grind.

"I prefer to watch college football over pro football because in college ball, emotions play such larger part of the game. On any given night any college team playing any other college team can be winning by a large margin...make one mistake....have an emotional let down...and get beat." .... Ken

prediction - big upset ...... PSU-16 Bama 14

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    . . . get past GA on the road . . . in your dreams Neal, in your dreams! GO DAWGS!!!!

Well, Neal, at least your dreams came true . . .

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Well, Neal, at least your dreams came true . . .
    well, if it makes you feel any better, after watching 3 weeks i've given up on the hopes of beating saban.

they looked like an NFL team playing a high school team against PSU last week. this week, 4 TDs in the first quarter.

no one is beating them this year. after two undefeated seasons in a row we can look forward to the bear bryant comparisions.
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 09-18-2010 at 6:05 PM.