Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone an F1 racing fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Morgan View Post
    When is that race? Is it coming up anytime soon?
    Monaco was in May -- next is May 29, 2011,

When is that race? Is it coming up anytime soon?
    here's a jenson button qualifying lap on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ck05AfWIf0

i mean, that's a far cry from circle track racing, even though i don't consider myself a big racing fan, i can appreciate that.

an error of 6 inches and his day is over. an error of more than a foot and he's a dead man.

and all of that on a circuit full of hills, without a shoulder other than the wall, and a tunnel that also has a curve inside of it.
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 09-17-2010 at 8:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post

i mean, that's a far cry from circle track racing, even though i don't consider myself a big racing fan, i can appreciate that.

an error of 6 inches and his day is over. an error of more than a foot and he's a dead man.

and all of that on a circuit full of hills, without a shoulder other than the wall, and a tunnel that also has a curve inside of it.

Holy crap that looks fun! I'd splatter myself if I tried it but I'd still give it a go...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wood View Post
    Bryan - V8 Supercars is a hell of a ride, those cars are really something. You said the closest thing to SCCA you have seen on Speed lately is the Rolex, have you watched the Continental Tire Series Challenge at all? I think this is more like SCCA than Rolex... well, at least based on the SCCA we have running at PIR. The rules really limit how much these guys can do to their cars. Much of what they are running is factory production.... like the ECU even. I think it was one of the Honda teams, maybe Kia, that had third gear go out on them... The car's ECU put it in limp mode, and they couldn't finish the race.

I was just in the parking lot at work when something caught my eye the next building over.... I know they build performance cars but apparently they also build Speed World Challenge race cars there too. They had a couple sitting in the back lot they were polishing or something (heavy smell of auto polish in the air). I gawked at them for awhile. Theres always been a Speed brand truck there but I never paid it any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post

that is wicked fast. those are some pretty narrow lanes, I can see how passing would be rather difficult on a circuit like that.

It takes a lot of skill to go in a circle for 200+ miles at the speeds they go, but I still think its the lamest racing to watch (so, in other words, I appreciate the skill required for left turn racing, it still sucks )
    fledgling weekend warrior

So I watched the Singapore "race" this morning.... meh. Its slightly more entertaining than watching golf.

So I watched the Singapore "race" this morning.... meh. Its slightly more entertaining than watching golf.
    that was only a practice session and not the race.

I'm a huge F1 fan. Why? Don't ask, but I just really enjoy relaxing with a nice Belgian beer and watching qualifying and the races. I'll be the first to admit that, especially during the days of Schumacher's domination, F1 of the past could be a bit boring, but the last few seasons certainly have been anything but (a few races on the Tilke tracks excluded...).

Though I lived in Europe and Asia for a number of years, I've never been to live F1 race, so am anxiously awaiting the US Grand Prix in Austin. I have a 911 so also quite looking forward to the first Porsche club track day on the new circuit...

I'd like to see Webber take the title this year, as he has truly been the "journeyman" of F1, and is essentially "self-made", unlike a few of his primadonna peers. That said, I certainly wouldn't rule out Hamilton, Vettel or "Freddy" for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    that was only a practice session and not the race.
    Ah, that would explain why the paint was still fresh on the track and the announcers were so monotonous. A guy busted his suspension, that was briefly entertaining. The speed at which they took those corners without sliding out was really impressive.

Watch the race tomorrow. I guarantee that there will be an exciting time. Since the time of the memorable Ayrton Senna, (not forgetting to Emerson Fittipaldi and Nelson Piquet), thousands of Brazilians have become fans of F1. The Brazilians are now fans of Felipe Massa, Rubens Barrichello and Bruno Senna (nephew of Ayrton Senna). Excitement Guaranteed

the brazilian track is more open as well, so not so much of a street race like monaco, for example.

they're wide open through about half of it.

another reason why i appreciate formula one even though not being a big racing fan, per se. not just street circuits, not just open faster circuits, not just short tracks not just long tracks. to win a driver has to be proficient at all of the above.

Next sunday

Sorry, I used google translator for this. Maybe some will be wrong in the text.
    http://translate.google.com.br/trans...-do-japao.html
    A old F1 racing car running on next sunday ( not in the race ). Dont miss this.
    Viva Ayrton Senna

Say what you want about F1 being boring but as they start the race weekend in Norberto's home country at Interlagos with 2 races left in the season 5 drivers are still in it for the driver's championship and 3 teams still in it for the constructor's championship.

Forza Ferrari

the tifosi are with you

Tomorrow (and still today) have much emotion. From 02:00 pm - today and tomorrow. This week, Emerson Fittipaldi drove his famous Lotus in the streets of Sao Paulo. After 37 years, the reunion between two champions ... man and machine. Old friends meeting again

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player...+PAULO,00.html