Thread: SMC Statistics for the Year 2004

SMC Statistics for the Year 2004

Below are the graphics for the year 2004 that I captured yesterday morning. One thing that is of interest is that the graphs do not indicate a summer season drop which generally happens in most Forums as people tend to get involved with outside activities.

Probably the most significant stat is kilobytes, note that we have more than doubled our data transfer numbers this year. No doubt it is time to bring our new server online as we need the horsepower to handle the current load. As an ISP we have plenty of experience with web sites that receive huge numbers of hits (16 million) and that transfer up to 32 gigabytes of data per month. SawMill Creek is unique in that we host a fairly large number of concurrent users and that means we must allow a very large number of processes to be spawned by our servers operating system. Our new server has a three drive array and double the amount of ram which should be able to handle the load without effort and provide some growth for the coming year.

The new server by the way is still on the bench, we have had one SCSI drive and one ram chip fail this week while testing the new server. We had hoped to have the new server online earlier but the hardware problems and the Holiday season has affected our schedule. Ray should have the machine up and running shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow

We will have to Nickname SMC the borg soon!
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop

Wow! Well, if this isn't a testament to the proliferation of SMC, I don't know what is! Quite the Web presence, I'd say. Just emphasizes the dedication of the staff at SMC, as well the "share factor" of its members! Kudo's to ALL! Let's make 2005 an even greater year.

Also, sorry to hear about the hardware issues with the upcoming server BUT, I'm really happy about the testing being done before it goes live! Just more proof of the dedication and thoroughness of the folks "at the top" of this venture! Good job and know that it's appreciated by all!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Must not be a government operation:)

Also, sorry to hear about the hardware issues with the upcoming server BUT, I'm really happy about the testing being done before it goes live! Just more proof of the dedication and thoroughness of the folks "at the top" of this venture! Good job and know that it's appreciated by all![/QUOTE]

Actually testing the hardware before you put it into operation ??? WOW Must definately not be a government operation!!!

"I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop