Rick, I had the bungees, or at least most of them, and I thought they might isolate any vibrations from the cyclone to the building structure. They seem to do a good job of that, and holding the pipe where I put it. And there are no screws in the vertical pipe that goes to the two table saws. Just rests on the little cradle on the floor. Now if it was pipe just hanging there like you may be doing, with the weight of flex hanging off of it, you will need something. I'd hate to have something protruding into the air stream, so I think I'd probably take a 1" wide piece of the bell end of the pipe, put it over the down tube and use PVC primer and glue to glue it in place. Then take a wood ring, cut out for a tight fit on the pipe and slide it up against the ring that was glued on, and then use something, strapping, wire, or bungee, to hold the pipe in place. Make sense?? Another way to secure the piece of bell end would be to drill and install pop rivets, but do it from the inside so you have the flush part of the finished rivet on the inside. You could even make some sort of thin metal that rivets on the outside at the same time to use to attach your strapping to to anchor to the ceiling. Jim.