Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Learning Bench (Pics)-(LONG)

John, the bench looks great. It challanges me as does so many things I see here. I'm on this site most every day but only post from time to time. Mostly because I don't feel my knowledge is enough to make a difference. I am however enjoying learning. I say that just to say, thanks so much to you and so many others who take the time to share your knowledge (and work) with those of us who have only been in this for a short while.

John,

I missed this thread 1st time around, glad someone resurrected it. That's a beautiful work of functional art. I also want to say that I appreciate you going to the trouble of explaining the planning/execution thought process. Ever since I started battling the instant gratification bug and began enjoying the process, the design, engineering, jigging, test, etc. stuff is my favourite part of woodworking. 'Course it is still good for the endorphin flow looking at the finished item, like that bench - mmmmmm.
    I'd hate to have to do the mortising with an attachment on a C-man DP though...
    -Steve

I have to echo Jim...I too read all the threads I can but rarely post except to say how good lookin' a project is. I'm a carpenter who aspires to build better projects.

Jim, I liked your table so much, that I went down to Woodcraft and bought one of those Sjoberg workbench tops yesterday.

chris