Thread: Saw blade carrier...

Question Saw blade carrier...

...I was just curious what you all were using to transport and protect your saw blades in route to the sharpener and back. I wanted to see if there was anything better than my chunk of 3/4" ply w/handle cutout...

Blade Carrier

Troy For my 10" saw blades I use the bottom two inches of a used 5 gallon plastic bucket, with a 3/8" bolt and wing nut to hold blade in place works great. Tom

I use the big orange one that Forrest sells. I wouldn't have bought it but got one free at some point, it is the same one that comes with their dado sets.

I use the cardboard boxes the blades came in.........Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I use the cardboard boxes the blades came in.........Rod.
    Ditto. Keep them. That's also where the blades stay when I change out the blades in the saw.

Two 11x11 pieces of 1/4" hardboard with a 5/8" hole drilled in the center of each. Sandwich the blade between the hardboard pieces and secure with a short 5/8" bolt, washer and nut. Bring the setup to the sharpener where they will tell you to take the hardboard and accessories back home with you as it's just something for them to lose and they want no part of it.

To, it doesn't matter. He's going to sharpen it anyhow. From, he puts that rubbery stuff on the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    To, it doesn't matter. He's going to sharpen it anyhow.
    That works well until one of them smacks another and you learn first had how brittle tungsten carbide really as. Don't ask me how I know.