I have one as well- and Russell said it best. I happen to be person B and have had trouble. That being said when I send small pieces through I get along with it ok. Other than that if used like it was intended I believe it should work like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Smallwood View Post
Haven't had any experience with the 735 but I'm not a fan of lunch box planers in general. They work great as long as you aren't trying to actually use them to capacity. It would not surprise me in the least to have two different people have completely opposite experiences with an identical lunchbox planer, person A uses it for furniture parts that are consistently small and require just a few light passes, person B consistently tries running 8-10" wide 8 foot long pieces of rough-sawn white oak through the thing needing to take 1/4 - 1/2 inch off each board.

Yeah, person B is not going to be happy with any lunch box planer on the planet. I'm not saying you can't make it work by adding infeed/outfeed support etc. Just not really the right tool for that job.