Thread: User Evaluation/Reviews on PSI Turncrafter Commander

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Clint. I had not seen the reviews on the PSI site. Good info.

Bill, your experience mirrors mine with the 46-460. No problems at all and plenty of power.

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about the PSI machine since I haven't found anything on any of the forums. We've got another two weeks to go before we take a vote so I'll keep looking. Thanks all.........Ron
    A turning a day keeps the doctor away.

There is a thread on the Penturners forum, penturners.org, thread number 73121, which contains a review and comments. It may be helpful to you.

I have the delta and love the thing. Upgraded from Rocklers Excelsior. The x is a nice start up for the price.
    Last edited by John Keeton; 01-03-2011 at 7:16 AM. Reason: To remove direct link to another forum per TOS
    Lupe D. -
    TEXICANWOOD

Thanks Lupe. Interesting thread........Ron

Ron, a recent issues of FWW had a comparison of midi lathes. I think that it was an issue 2 - 3 months ago. They rated the Delta 46-460 as the Editor's choice, and the PSI Turncrafter Pro as the "Best Value". From reading the article, the PSI sounded like a very nice unit for the $. The Delta had a bit more torque (PSI was #2 in the torque rankings), and the benefit of reverse.

I would also taken into consideration the warranty that comes with the lathe and the customer service you will likely receive in the case that something does go awry.

Thanks Scott. I'll try to track that issue of FWW down.

Chris, you're right about customer service. I've never had a problem with Delta and I have no experience with PSI.......Ron