Thread: 92.5 bandsaw blade

92.5 bandsaw blade

I recently picked up an old AMT 14" bandsaw in great shape. Saw calls for 92.5" blade. What sources do you guys use to get one made? I wanted to get a Timber Wolf, but they come in 93.5".

Fastenal will make them for you. Not sure if there's a minimum order, We buy ours in lots of ten.
    Mick

Some of those Delta clones can also take a 93.5 blade. If the top wheel cover isn't hinged, and has 2 sets of holes where it mounts on the studs, then it will take the longer blade.

You can order a 92.5" Timber Wolf blade.

John

Could you get a 93.5 and just soak it in water for awhile to shrink it down

I may be wrong but I think you can call Suffolk and they will make them any length you want.

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

Made to order

Timber Wolf (Suffolk Machinery) will make blades in any length you need. Tell them the brand and type saw you have and they will even recommend the best blade size and pitch for you. Don't try to e-mail them, rather call them (800-234-1902). They just get too many e-mails to respond but you can talk to a human being anytime you call.
    Regards,
    Ron In Clanton, Alabama

Shoot amongst us boy, one of us has got to have some relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Blaise View Post
    Timber Wolf (Suffolk Machinery) will make blades in any length you need. Tell them the brand and type saw you have and they will even recommend the best blade size and pitch for you. Don't try to e-mail them, rather call them (800-234-1902). They just get too many e-mails to respond but you can talk to a human being anytime you call.
    Regards,
    Ron, I think they may have changed their number, they list it as 800-234-7297 on their site now.

I have the same saw. 93.5 blades will work just fine on it.
    Charlie Jones

First, there are plenty of industrial supply houses on the net and probably local that weld band stock for you. In general buying prepackaged blades is not the "norm" and if you buy a prepackaged blade you paid too much. Also you may want to understand the characteristics and limitations of silicon steel blades like the Timber Wolf compared to carbon steel and bi-metal et al. You can find some basic blade info here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...hlight=bandsaw

Guys, thanks for all that info. Van, that thread you sent me to is terrific. Great job on that. Hope you don't mind, but I printed it out and will use it as a reference guide. Every now and then, on this site, I read of the slippery slope of woodworking. This AMT saw I got seems to work out just fine, for right now, for what I want to do. However, a 6" riser came with it. I look at my saw, then back at the riser, and say no way. If I install this, which looks like a good couple of hours, how much deflection am I going to get? Then what? Am I off to ordering a larger Grizzly? Oh well, thanks again.