5/8"= 1"

3/4" =1 1/4"

7/8" =1 1/2"
    1" =1 1/2"
    1 1/8"= 1 1/2"
    1 1/4"= 2"
    1 3/8" =2"
    1 1/2" =2 1/2"

For hard woods use fine threads. For softer woods or MDF use coarse threads.

I've looked all over for this and finally found it published in Wood magazine.
    Thought I'd share it. (I hope the formatting holds). I put 3/4" in red only because it's what I use most.

Ok well the formatting got all screwed up..HTH anyhow..
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 01-22-2011 at 7:53 AM. Reason: Tried in vain to format the text

THANKS!

I just got my first Kreg set up a couple of weeks ago, and I was doing some "test" joints just the other day. I had previously picked up the assortment of pocket screws from McFeeley's, and naturally became overwhelmed at the number of combinations necessary to figure out which screw was going to work the best in various stock thicknesses.

You have saved me hours of fiddling around in the shop (which I can now devote to fiddling around on something else )

Blog Entries
    From Kreg's website:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It's also on every Kreg screw box i have ever owned.

You know, I searched high and low on Kreg's site for that info just before last Christmas & I swear it wasn't there!
    My wife was buying stuff from Amazon and would ask me if I needed anything so it could cover the $25.00 min for free shipping.
    My first thought was Kreg screws - and I started looking for the sizes to give to her.

I hunted all over the net and came up empty.

Oh well....

Does anyone know why readily available 1" screws don't have the washer-style head? I found some online, but my usual outlets (Menards & Lowes) only had the pan heads for 1" & smaller screws.