Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about cheaper scroll saws

Although I use it very little, I have a Ryobi variable speed saw that works well for what I need. It will accept pin and pinless blades. I bought it to try out scrolling before I blew 1k on a high end saw, stand, lighting, ect. Glad I only droped $100 or so because I just can't sit still long enough to do the kind of work I've seen others turn out. Some of the fretwork stuff is pure art from where I sit. WAY out of my class.

Everybody,

Thanks for all the advice. I think I am going to have to spend some time this weekend inspecting a lot of saws.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

I would look for an vintage delta 24" variable speed. Ive got on I bought at an auction. And its amazeing! Actually its for sale but I dont think you would want to pay shipping from indiana. Cause its a little cast iron beast! Lol.

Be sure to try out any saw you are considering. Its all about the sanding, or not needing to sand. You could end up with an inexpensive saw, only to find yourself sanding on your scroll work for the rest of the day! I ditto the suggestion of looking for a pre-owned Dewalt as the best bang for the buck.