Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sawmill Creek At Work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm self employed (for almost 25 years) and while I could sit here all day long, I don't. I try to read the site in the mornings and evenings, and keep my nose to the grindstone while I'm at work.

With all due respect, Joe, when I said that our generation likes to talk about problems instead of solving them, I was referring to you. I don't think there's anything wrong with early retirement, and I congratulate you in being able to do it, but it's difficult to take you seriously in regards to our nation's lack of productivity. I used to tell my younger engineers, "You're not in school anymore. Don't come to me with problems. Investigate and come to me with a recommendation, even if that recommendation is to hand it off to someone more experienced to handle it. This isn't amateur hour...you're a pro, now. Act like it." They soon get the picture that things get done by doing something, not by talking about doing something.

So do something. Start up a company, turn off their SMC access if you think that will help, and create some jobs here that won't have to go overseas. It's like voting. If you leave it up to everyone else, don't complain when you don't get what you want.

And as per Ken's last comments, please don't take this as any sort of attack. It's not intended that way. I just don't know how else to say it.
    Last edited by John Coloccia; 02-23-2011 at 2:11 PM.