I just replaced the belt in my Sears(Kenmore) washing machine and while I wouldn't say it was a tough job, it was not the easiest job I've ever done. As was mentioned earlier the Sears belt is a little tricky to get on. Fortunately, I bought the belt from an independent supply house and the folks were very helpful about the special tricks need to change out the belt. They even had a demo washer with the shell cut away so they could point out the tricky parts!!! There were also very detailed instructions on the box that the belt came in. Doubt you would get that kind of service from the Sears parts department.

DON'T tip the washer over on its side to do this job or you may lose some of the oil out of the transmission. If you can find some help, put the washer up on a bench and tip it no more than about 45°. Makes the job go a lot easier!!! Wish I hadn't learned this the hard way. Think I paid about $17 for the belt and it took about an hour to install. The service guy wanted a little over a hundred bucks to come to the house and do it.