Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "old money"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    but you can get a lot done in one day...

that's it for day one. side benefit...A LOT of kindling!..

Randal

Just a short note to let you know that I'm sitting back watching the chips and slivers fly. I know it will be another masterpiece when finished.

Cheers

Don

thanks....cardboard starting to look like cardboard...

snuck in this commission ....

Randall

Now that is a bit different from a box of money but with the right cards in the stack could be just as valueble. It is nice to watch the box of money transition from a pile of wood into the finished piece. Thanks again for shareing them with us.

Cheers

Don

This makes they guy in Vegas who carves the hanging clothing look like a hack.
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...49_306x460.jpg

mike...actually i think thats really good!

5 months later.....

another view

I think I used to have that Topps card of Gary Carter, many, many years ago.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

12. Randall, this is absolutely amazing and I inspire to be as good as you one day. Cheers!!

13. Randall, while I might handle the wood carving, I could never paint with your degree of accuracy and color matching. I would love to see a video someday of your graphics techniques. Everytime I look at your box of money my wife reminds me to close my mouth. Have you ever been bothered by the secret service because the money is so accurately copied? Just beautiful work

thanks ......no, no problem.....there are no whole bills and they are wood and.....and this is the big AND.....they are not as accurate as you think. if you really look closely they are little paintings of money with lots of "artistic license". i mix a lot of each background color before i start so color matching is never a problem . then i can rework any line till i'm happy with it.....or just paint over a whole section and start over. it's the opposite of carving where every move removes wood permanently.

I can't comment on how accurate your work is but your detail is incredible. I continue to follow this thread and think this is the coolest woodworking I have ever seen. I only wish I had that much "real" money, I would commission you. Alas, I'll just have to enjoy your work here. Thanks again for posting.