Thread: 1" arbor dado blade?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ridge Carbide makes the 10" one I have for my 16" Delta RAS.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Keith, I was just wrestling with the same issue myself. I had to get a new 1" bore dado for my new saw, and finding a compatible dado was a little harder than looking for an 8". I ended up getting the Ridge Carbide Dado Master in 10" with a 1" bore. They, like Forrest, will do a custom bore on many if not all of the blades they sell, though the Ridges are considerably cheaper. Freud also recently added a 12" and 10" dado set to their great Super Dado line, and those come with a 1" bore, though they seem to be readily available from Woodworkers Supply. Amana also makes a few 1" bore dados, though their better Prestige line only offers a 8" stack with 1" bore. Schmidt in New Jersey makes great products and I was told by them that their dado stacks are basically Forrest Dado Kings. They also offer various sizes and do custom bores.

As an item of interest, I see the Grizzly is selling an 8" dado set w/ 1" arbor for $40 on their 2011 flier. No idea about the pedigree of that set.

If anyone is looking for a 12" dado set with a 1" bore for a RAS, International Tool is having a 4 day sale on the Freud SD512 super dado set for $216 with free shipping. I believe the sale ends on Nov 13, 2011.

Bob DeRoeck