Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stacking tires on Band Saw wheels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Phil, no there are no rims to keep it on. They are very tighly stretched. I think the crowing that keeps the blade in the middle of the wheel also keeps the tire on... The seller of the tires, Sulfer Grove, says that you can glue them down if you want, but probably isn't necessary. I pushed some thick old dry hard oak through to see if there would be any issues...and NONE. Worked like a charm.

This system is basically two tires and two "rings". You put the rings in the grooves, then the tires over the rings. The rings are slightly thicker (but the same width) as the groove. So, they protrude from the wheel surface a little...creating the crown when the tire is put on. The 1/2" strip of duct tape creates just a little more crown. You can add multiple layers of duct tape to create more crown if you want/need.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Well, problem solved! I installed the orange tires and that thin orange mini tire that fills the groove in the tire. The directions call for one (or more if you want to) 1/2" strip of Gorilla Duct tape to go on top of that mini groove filling tire. Then the orange tire on top of that. Between the orange tire being thicker that the Carter blue ones, and the mini tire/duct tape strip (to create the crown), it moved the blade to about an 1/8" from the metal body, and now I have a crown...so the blade tracked great.

Thanks for everyone's two cents! I appreciate it.
    A fix with the Red Green stamp of approval . Glad it worked out.