Thread: Shopnotes Vol 3 issue 13 dust collector

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I built my cyclone based on the plans published by wood Mag some 10 or so years ago I guess. It was easy to build, and the only thing I added was a neutral vane which was not in the original plans. I also made my own impeller and blower. I found the 1 Micron pleated filters at a damaged freight auction house for not much money, and THAT was a lucky find. This has worked great and has handled anything I've thrown at it.

I just wish I had a taller ceiling so I could use a bigger collection barrel. The small barrel is really inconvenient when I'm planing, because the volume of chips is tremendous.

Mike Harrison

I made the Shop Notes one when the article 1st came out, I used a 1 HP double bag blower as the vacuum source and 4 inch PVC ducts, work ok
    I made the Wood Mag one 5 or 6 years ago and used a Penn Stage 2 1/2 220 volt blower and it really does work muck better. I still am using the 4 inch PVC ducts and know I would have better system if I would upgrade to 6 inch ducts. The Bill Pentz web site is great and using his planning to make the cyclone is very informational.

Dan

Dan