View Poll Results: What region are you from.

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • NorthEast US (blue on map)

47 21.66%
  • South US ( grey on map)

61 28.11%
  • MidWest US (Green on Map)

54 24.88%
  • West US (gold on map)

42 19.35%
  • Canada

10 4.61%
  • Europe (includes the UK)

2 0.92%
  • Asia (sorry I have to include australia and NZ here)

1 0.46%
  • Mexico

0 0%
  • Africa

0 0%
  • South America

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK last one What region are you from.

OK last one What region are you from.

I believe I have this down pat. Please refer to post : http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=16688 for regional breakdown of the US.

I'm sorry for the other two polls and I appreciate your voting here yet a 3rd time ! and to any austrailians or New Zelanders I had no choice, I had to include you somewhere.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith Christopher; 02-08-2005 at 1:05 PM.

OK, Canada is finally present, so I can vote. But, if I lived in places such as Greenland, Cuba, or Costa Rica, I would still have a problem with your list.
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 02-08-2005 at 1:16 PM.

Go midwest! I know there is more than one of us

What ... Texas isn't it's own country?!?!

I really hate to ask, but where's the map that the poll votes refer to?
    Use the fence Luke

And I think to make it more informative you should have had a second line to vote what kind of wood you use most often. That way, we could cross reference the location to type of wood used and determine how regional availability effects wood selection. And maybe from there detemine styles of furniture and determine how regionality and wood selection effects design criteria.........................

Didn't Aaron put a map together a year or so ago? Is that still around? Been updated?
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stuewe
    Didn't Aaron put a map together a year or so ago? Is that still around? Been updated?
    I thought he was doing a zip code map of some sort, I think there was a push to get everyone to update zips and then I never seemed to here what happened.

John

I always find it funny how the eastern mid section is called the midwest versus mideast. One would think that the states in the direct center would be called center.

Anyways...... The State with the stupidest new slogan in the country "Kansas As Big As You Think!" Totally stupid.

We're right next to the Show Me state, which I am not really sure I want some of them to show me anything. Of course Kansas is in the middle of Oklahoma which sucks and Nebraska which blows.... Tee Hee!
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Well our new slogan is "Life's So good", they paid $22000 for some artist to come up with a song for the new slogan. Only problem is that it sounds very similar to a British song! So now the state tourism board has to decide whether to change the slogan again or what! Gotta love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    Well our new slogan is "Life's So good", ...
    After last hurricane season, Florida's slogan should be, "WHOOOOOOSH!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fancher
    What ... Texas isn't it's own country?!?!
    Yeah, What's with that? I mean we're the only state whose flag can fly at even height with the US flag, instead of one step below, so we should count as our own region ;=))) Jim.

[QUOTE=Scott Coffelt]One would think that the states in the direct center would be called center.
    [QUOTE]

I've heard the term "filler" for the states between CA and NY. Does that sound better?

Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stuewe
    It's pretty out of date (lots of new members since), but here's the map/thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=8237
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

What Region?

After the last election, I'm in a bluish-green section of the country. I'm also in the only state where you don't need a map to show people where you live...you just hold up your left hand and point to the appropriate knuckle. I live at the base knuckle of the middle finger.

Mark Blumer (East Lansing, MI)