Thread: CBN Grinding Wheels Evaluation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Dave from D-way tools emailed me last night...........my order is already shipped! That took what maybe 2 hours? With service like that, I could learn to love doing business with his company.

Kudos for good service!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Can these wheels be used on a 3450 rpm grinder, or do they have to be on a slow speed?
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

3. Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Can these wheels be used on a 3450 rpm grinder, or do they have to be on a slow speed?
    You might find out that info for sure by emailing Dave at D-Way tools. He has a web site as well, and perhaps you can get info there.

www.d-waytools.com
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Grant, the heat build up with CBN is nearly non-existent, so speed is a factor only in the amount of metal removed. Be warned that these wheels will remove A LOT of metal quickly - even on a slow speed grinder. Once you get the feel, then they work great and the result is a keep edge with very little lost metal. A light touch and quick movement is the best method - I suspect with a 3450 grinder, you would need to be very quick.

I agree with John on the high speed sander. The main problem with high speed would be the amount of metal removed. But, you can be gentle. Like Harvey, I quickly touch up the flute on the powdered metal tools with a diamond hone. It helps make the scary sharp edge even better. I am glad people are liking these new wheels.