Thread: American Woodshop and WW shows in general

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I'm willing to bet that us serious woodworkers (that's why we are here on sawmill) are not the target audience for the show. They are after the weekend DYI'er.
    Dave, that's probably the case. With that in mind some of the stuff that gets done on that show, if that is the target audience, is almost unconscionable for most woodworkers. The last time I happened to watch the show he was slopping on stain over the top of hinges all for the sake of expediency I suppose.
    I remember when Norm announced his retirement I emailed Mark S. and voiced my hope that someone would pick up his show and put him on the air. Obviously that didn't happen but I think Tommy Mac has been a relatively good replacement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not to take the thread off topic, but have you guys watched the DIY shows on HGTV or DIY network? I love the site built "furniture" they build with MDF and a nail gun. There is a girl on DIY that uses a Festool TS55, but without the dust extractor. I'd hate to have my house "crashed" by one of these folks!