Thread: Does anyone remember the Sandvik Abrader?

Does anyone remember the Sandvik Abrader?

They had three styles (maybe more), orange plastic body/handle thingie with a metal grit plate (self adhesive). They lasted forever and were great for rough sanding, shaping etc. I bought about a dozen replacement pads for the small rectangular one about ten years ago, and just wore out the last one. Does anyone know if you can buy these things anymore? I don't see them anywhere...

something like this? http://www.fine-tools.com/nt-dresser.html

Cheers
    Pedder

wow i want one... seems handy, sometimes i have to sand tiny parts.. i wont have to walk to my metalwork area to use my lapping plate.

Thanks, Pedder.. that's the stuff, but wow! They sure have gotten pricey.Plus the shipping 29 Euros to Canada.. I think that's about 60 bucks, so I'll have to look for something in North America.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Kerry View Post
    Thanks, Pedder.. that's the stuff, but wow! They sure have gotten pricey.Plus the shipping 29 Euros to Canada.. I think that's about 60 bucks, so I'll have to look for something in North America.
    Why not buying the plate (fits in a letter) and making your own body?

Cheers Pedder

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Kerry View Post
    They had three styles (maybe more), orange plastic body/handle thingie with a metal grit plate (self adhesive). They lasted forever and were great for rough sanding, shaping etc. I bought about a dozen replacement pads for the small rectangular one about ten years ago, and just wore out the last one. Does anyone know if you can buy these things anymore? I don't see them anywhere...
    I still use the one I bought 20 years ago. Just the metal pad, stuck to a piece of 3/4 ply with a handle. I use it for everything. Was making a ijg for the table saw today, and the mdf scrap I was using had screw hole blow out. Out came the sandvik, 3 passes and good to go. I love that thing.

Still have mine. Replacement pads are available from an outfit in Europe.