I've spend the last few months trying to re-organize my shop to be more "useful" so I can actually get to tools/parts/etc.. and work sanely.

Over the course of this I've assembled my top (N) list of things that seem to help, and was wondering what you guys might add to this list.

My list:
- less projects (space taken is space to maneuver lost).
- finish off the big projects (or the furthest along or the simplest if its a tie) first, then you'll have more space to finish the rest of them.
- say no to new projects until you've caught up (ok yeah there's a trend here, I have a problem with over commitment )
- narrower cabinets, deep cabinets (shelves, etc..) just mean that things pile up at the back of them and are forever lost. I rebuilt most of mine to 18" deep for cabinets and 22-24" deep for benches which seems ~close.
- if you haven't used it in ~2-5 years ditch it, you aren't going to use it (the line between collector and hoarder mostly appears to be quality not quantity ).
- dump the junk tools. Fewer quality tools are better than more crap (sadly? happily? I think I'm just ending up with more tools at the end..)
- clean up as you go. waiting until the end of the day is too late, earlier is better (watch a professional chef run a kitchen sometime, I think this is the only way they can survive.. - not a chef, but willing to steal ideas from them )

And no - no pics, this isn't a messiest shop contest (although they appear to have a good one going over in the turners forum ), I said "recovering" not "recovered" - its a journey not a destination..