Thread: Possible Creeker Visit-Phoenix Area??

Possible Creeker Visit-Phoenix Area??

Just got in to the sunny valley yesterday, staying with family in Litchfield Park. If anyone in the area has time for a visit of me dropping by, let me know as I don't have any big plans. Would like to take some mesquite back, any suggestions??

Thanks,

Steve

How long are you here?

Jason

Through Sunday, Nov. 13.

Mesquite

When I was there a couple of months ago, Arizona Hardwoods had a pretty good load of mesquite. They were $8 bf for shorts (-4') and $16 for their longer boards. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not but it was the cheapest I found on my short trip there. You might want to give them a call before you go out there just in case they sold their stock.

If you happen to find it cheaper, please consider posting it here or PM me as I plan a trip back soon and would appreciate the fruits of your 'legwork'. Have a good time.
    Sierra Madre Sawing and Milling
    Sierra Madre, California

The Arizona Woodturners Assoc is having an all day demo on the 12th. PM me for details. I'm probably too far East for a visit but if you're interested I'm available. Kathy Marshall is over on the West side, I'm sure she'll chime in and she usually has mesquite. Jason

Steve, I should be out in the shop all weekend and you're more than welcome to come by. And unless you came by semi, I can propably load you up with all the mesquite you can carry. I'll PM you with directions.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Since we are talking about Creeker meetings in Phoenix, I'll be in town for the week of Thanksgiving. Anyone want to meet up then?
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug W Swanson View Post
    Since we are talking about Creeker meetings in Phoenix, I'll be in town for the week of Thanksgiving. Anyone want to meet up then?
    Doug, I plan on taking the friday after Thanksgiving off so I'll have a 4 day weekend , you're more than welcome to drop by for a visit and pick out some wood!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.