Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: John Keeton !!!

John,Glad you pulled through. My prayers will be with you. Thanks Steve for the update. Keep us posted.

Wow, scary news. Glad to hear you are doing better and on your way to recovery John. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Thanks Steve for letting us know.

I live in Union, Ohio, a few short steps north of Dayton.
    Thanks for the update, glad to know your all right John. Get well soon. We all need your inspirations!
    I'm just thankful it held.

Just got off the phone with John... he is exhausted and going to try and get some sleep but is a little apprehensive about the waking up part! He appreciates all the posts of support and looks forward to getting home soon!

To me, John sounded good, tired but good. I am hoping that getting a good nights rest will help with his overall condition as it has been an extremely long day for him and Eileen! So, if you have any intentions of calling John, PLEASE, wait until tomorrow. The boy needs time to heal!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Glad to hear you are recovering, John. A MI is a scary thing.

I had a triple by-pass in May 2001. I was at work offshore and my left elbow kept hurting off and on. I had laid a patio on my days off and thought I strained it. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and went in to see a doctor. After an Angiogram I went home to Tyler and had the surgery done. I never actually had a heart attack, though, so no muscle damage.

Oh yeah, I am 6'-1" tall and only weighed 158 lbs then. The nurses were amazed that someone so skinny had heart disease. My cardiologist said it was mostly genetics since I had a family history of heart problems. The surgeon told me that even if I had never smoked, eaten correctly and exercised faithfully my entire life that I would have still had heart disease because it was in my genes. He said that it possibly would have been delayed for ten years but that I would still have suffered from it.

Lesson: If you have a family history of heart disease, you better get regular check-ups. It's not called the "silent killer" for nothing.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Thanks Steve and my best to John. Hard to think of him posting after what happened to him today.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

My thoughts are with you, John. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health from here!!!

I am a 15yr surviver of the 'Widow Maker'. I tell a story on myself - I was alone at the college working on a server Saturday after Thanksgiving when the pain hit. I lived three miles from the college and drove myself home - right past the hospital!!! I was in denial by that point. I got home and took a zantac for my 'indigestion' and immediately threw it back up - and that saved my life because then I knew it was the heart and my wife drove me to the hospital. They told me if i had waited, it would have been too late.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Glad to hear it didn't get the better of John. Our prayers are with you and your family. Get well soon. And back to turnin.
    Lupe D. -
    TEXICANWOOD

steve thanks for the updates thoughts and prayers go to john and his family
    Grandpa always told me. "A good woodworker is not one that makes no mistakes. A good woodworker is one who knows how to cover up his mistakes."

Wow - not at all what I expected to see posted here, but am grateful for the good news with the outcome. Wishing him and Mrs K all the best and a speedy complete recovery. They will be in my prayers.

I've been busy in the shop all day and missed the news until now.

John - Get well soon! You're in my prayers.

John,I will keep you in prayer for good health my friend.
    Half way between the north pole and the equator!
    Half way between Steve Schlumpf and John Keeton!

Good to hear you are doing better John.

Good to see you post John! Wish you a speedy recovery.