Thread: Stud Finder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    while not really new, I have the stanley pro with a screen. Works 100% of the time on standard sheetrock walls. I don't like the magnet style at all, as you have to search a bigger area, which takes more time. It definitely works better than the 12$ cheap ones with 4 lights.

I also like the electric wire finder light--it makes me especially careful in those zones.

No doubt their are better ones out there now, but this one gets the job done.

I have a Zircon Contractor Transcanner Pro. I've had it for at least 10 years. Works great on drywall (used it today). OK/fair on multilayers (ie drywall|1" exterior sheathing|studs). On tougher situations I generally always come from both sides to find an average center. Looks like they make one that looks like it still sold for $15-20. It has mixed reviews at Amazon. I also have a fancier Stanley one with a screen and lazer and a couple of other things that has worked when I have asked it too, sometimes under tough conditions.

I will note that I do not use either commercially so I have limited exposure to some of the different scenarios that are possible. I also don't use them everyday so longivity may not be accurate for someone who uses it daily.

Don