I probably should have called this the "Whole house full of cabinets" thread.

I have two more upper kitchen cabinets to complete (they are ready for black lacquer), a guest bathroom, a cherry buffet / wine cabinet and a master bath medicine cabinet in cherry, and all the doors and a few drawers, and I'll be done. This is taking WAY too long. (My dad would agree). I started cutting 11/11/2011.

Here is the latest pic. This is the guest bathroom cabinetry. A sink base with open shelves on the left, a drawer box on the right and a tall cabinet that sits on the counter above the drawer box. Within space constraints and keeping in harmony with the rest of the cabinetry in the house, the link following shows the bathroom it was modeled after. (I love Crown Point's cabinetry!)

guest_bathroom.jpg

Crown Point Cabinetry Bath03

This cabinetry was going to be fennel green (an ML Campbell color, similar to Crown's color), but distressed with a dark brown glaze. However, I got a change order the other day that it will now be light grey to coordinate with the Carrera marble countertop, which is similar to the shower tile.

My construction approach for boxes has been birch ply with poplar face frames. Drawers are 1/2" baltic birch with 1/4" ply bottoms. 1/2" overlay cabinet doors will be poplar frames and 5/8 raised MDF panels, although dad wants some doors to be just 3/4" MDF slabs (master closet, laundry and powder room).

Todd