Thread: Cyclone DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Cyclone DC

Hello fellow creekers
    has anyone built or purchased a clear vue cyclone. are you happy with it.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Koller View Post
    Hello fellow creekers
    has anyone built or purchased a clear vue cyclone. are you happy with it.
    Thanks in advance
    You may get more answers in the Shop forum. You can also search there, there is a TON of info on the Clear Vue and its competition by users. Also, putting Clear Vue in your title may help get the right people to drop in your thread as well.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I've heard that clearvue dust collectors really suck.

(joke)

Cyclone technology isn't real high tech. Most work about the same if sized appropriately with the motor and impeller. The diameter of the cyclone and length of the tube are the main variables and the Clearvue has that handled pretty well to separate both chips and fine dust. I would prefer an impeller with a steel housing but that is personal. Either the Clearvue or the Oneida will serve you well if you size them correctly, use the right size pipe and enough good filter material. The Clearvue uses a Leeson motor, the Oneida a Baldor. I don't know what Penn State uses so I would ask but their cyclone itself is fine. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cherry View Post
    I've heard that clearvue dust collectors really suck.

(joke)
    I can verify that as a fact, not a joke. It's a great cyclone. I've had mine for about 5 years now. One of my smartest shop purchases yet. Lots of information here about the CV. Also, a fairly quiet forum is hosted by ClearVue with lots of questions and answers. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim and I have been on many of these threads together. I also have a CV and really believe that I would be hard pressed to find a better cyclone. I love it. I have operated it for the past 3 years + and it truly has been one of my best if not the best machine purchases I have made.
    +1 on the CV forum. Lots of helpful and knowledgeable people. And there is no doubt that it sucks!

Nick

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...light=clearvue,

The above is one of many threads that I found by searching the forum under "ClearVue"

I am also a happy user

I am also an owner and happy user, but since it was my first - I have nothing to compare with.

Rick, I think that is true of most of us. I've only heard of one person that bought one, wasn't happy and wished he had gone with a CV. These are expensive purchases, and most of us do it one time. Others that have bought more than one, were upgrading to a larger capacity unit, and stayed with the brand they already had. So most of us haven't been able to compare between multiple units in the real world. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Yes, I have. Yes, I do...
    I drink, therefore I am.