Quote Originally Posted by Uros Sovilj View Post
Steven. You manage to put laser in wheicle? can you share some pics and user info with us please.
Hmmm I don't want to give away too much on the mobile thing cause at the moment I have the niche for doing this in Australia and there's been a few people who have tried to get close to my machine to see how it was done. So without giving too much away let me say this.... it's more than possible but here's a few hints:

The Laser Tube is the bigest issue, so just look how it was packed when you first got it and replicate that packing inside the machine.
Change the Tube mounts to V mounts and use some velcro to hold down the tube on the mounts instead of the rubber staps when in use.
When you pack the tube for transport make sure there's sufficient foam packing so the tube won't make contact with the mounts or anything else.
You need to realign the tube every time you set up. It used to take me about an hour each time to unpack & Align, but I've now got that down to 15 min and 5 min to pack up.
Velcro is my friend for securing the gantry and other stuff.
The machine itself is just bolted down to the floor on a layer of ruberized spagetti mat thats about 15mm thick.
Put an inline filter on the water hose to catch any dust or other crap that might get into the water supply. Remember to change it and the water about every 2 months, a car fuel filter works a treat.
Do regular checks to ensure all the bolts on the machine are tight. If any come loose put some lock tight on them.
Clean & Oil the gantry rails before each daily use - dust can be a killer!.
Venting exhaust was a bit of a problem but with some hints I picked up on these forums regarding venting I was able to build a very good portable extraction unit that clips onto the side of the canopy when in use. You can see the exhaust stack in the 1st image, this unclips from the side & is carried in the canopy. The stack has built in charcoal and hepa filters working off the standard exhaust fan. Mind up I had to move the fan from the back and mount it on the left side, but doing that actually improved the air flow.
At the end of the day remember that the machine came from China by sea and truck so packed/bolted right your vehicle will be a much smoother ride.

Its a Ford tray back utility with a standard 2.2mt x 1.8mt aluminium tray. I've built a custom canopy over the tray about 1.2mt high. The laser is mounted across the back so I work from the back, we just set up a marquay behind the vehicle, that becomes our shop and the ute is a mobile workshop.

The car is in for a service & repair but when I get it back I'll post some picks to give you a better idea. But here a couple for now....

market-stall-at-torquay-2.jpgmarket-stall-at-torquay-bea.jpg

And if I sell it I can say..... she's Only done xxxxx km's