Thread: My gloat pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Congradulations on your dual gloat. Is the Woodmaster a Dual Drum? I would like to hear your feedback on the Woodmaster, I'm considering an upgrade from my Woodtek 26" to a 38" Drum Sander.

Yep! That's a gloat for sure.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by ed vitanovec View Post
    Congradulations on your dual gloat. Is the Woodmaster a Dual Drum? I would like to hear your feedback on the Woodmaster, I'm considering an upgrade from my Woodtek 26" to a 38" Drum Sander.
    Ed, it is a single drum. I've only played with it a little so far but it is a beast. 5 HP Leason drum motor that hasn't slowed a bit. The belt has variable speed from a crawl to fairly quick. Sorry but I'm not sure on the feet per min. I sent some white oak thru and a little pine so far. Both came out good.
    I do a lot of face frames and sometimes the mortise is off a few thousandths. This machine will even it up in a couple of passes on the worst case.
    It can't replace RO sanding but cuts the time down at least 2/3s for me. So far I'm impressed. It will see some hard use in my shop so time will tell.

Definitely gloat-worthy! 20% of new? awesome!
    Stan

Very nice indeed. Well done

How come I can't find deals like that? Well done!

Shane, Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to hear more as you get more use from the Drum Sander. Does the end of the Drums have clips to hold the paper or is it held completely with Velcro? I'm curious how easy the paper changes are and how the paper and Velcro hold up.

Regards! Ed