Thread: First Cabinet Saw Purchase

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    The PM2000 being considered has a router table in the extension. It seemed prudent to get that instead of a separate router table. Any thoughts on that?
    I built my own and it works great... In the grand scheme of things, it was actually pretty easy to do. I suppose it must be if someone of my modest skills was able to produce one that works pretty well. Of course, I have still not bothered to add t-track to the table, but it is on my list of things to do..... I created my own router fence out of plywood and if I want it to be parallel with my normal fence, I simply move my saw fence over against the fence and clamp to it! :-)

If I were looking in your price range, I'd at least consider a Canadian made General 350/650....old school build quality with some modern feature updates, dealer support, etc. I think the question becomes whether or not a saw like the PM2000, General, or Uni are worth nearly twice what a comparably equipped Grizzly costs. The PM gives you a deeper table, built in casters, good warranty, dealer support that the Griz doesn't offer. The Uni is made in the USA and has a legendary reputation, updated design, dealer support, etc. What are those features and quality nuances worth to you? If the price difference doesn't really matter much to you, get whatever one makes your heart beat fastest!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I have the Grizzly G0623X sliding table saw. If you wnat ot get a little more information on this saw, look here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t-1&highlight=

and here:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f...now-40014.html