Thread: It Has Arrived!

It Has Arrived!

My Woodsmith 1-200 DVD arrived in today's mail. Guess I know how the rest of my afternoon will be spent!

- Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

I am curious how you like the interface, I like the one used for the FWW DVD but not the one Wood used.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

So far, I really like it! It's a web-based interface, that allows you to search via an alphabetical index or by searching via issue cover. Clicking an issue cover will launch a PDF reader of the full issue, or you can just select an article from a specific issue. I'm still playing around with it, but I haven't seen anything that I haven't liked. More to come!
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Starosta View Post
    So far, I really like it! It's a web-based interface, that allows you to search via an alphabetical index or by searching via issue cover. Clicking an issue cover will launch a PDF reader of the full issue, or you can just select an article from a specific issue. I'm still playing around with it, but I haven't seen anything that I haven't liked. More to come!
    I assume you can search by keyword as well.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Cool! Maybe it will motivate you to get out to the shop to MAKE SOMETHING!!

Nice to see you posting.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    Cool! Maybe it will motivate you to get out to the shop to MAKE SOMETHING!!

Nice to see you posting.

Todd

LOL! Easy there, Tiger! I do believe YOU are coming off a multi-year absense as well.

I've got three really nice projects just about to hit the finishing stages, so you'll be seeing more posts soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I assume you can search by keyword as well.

Van, yes you can. I meant to say that in my earlier post. Very robust search engine on this DVD.

I got mine and it is great, you can look at all the covers and then click on a cover and open that issue. You can also do a search on just about anything you can think of.

I wish other magazines would do the same, wouldn't it be really neat to see all of the Popular Mechanics magazines?