Thread: Sawstop Problems?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm with Prashun regarding the dust collecting blade guard. It works perfectly in all instances except when trimming edges... meaning that the left side of the blade is exposed. It throws sawdust everywhere. I think that if SS redesigned it so that the left side of the blade guard stayed on the table in such situations and channeled the dust upwards, it wouldn't be as much of an issue. But I'm no engineer.

My plywood fence faces are as flat as I could ever need them to be (maybe a few low/high points, +/- .002")... but maybe I lucked out on that one since I've heard that criticism a from many others.

It's an awesome saw. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The fence itself is excellent and adjustable in every way you'd want and mine is flat to within 0.001" (or that's my tool accuracy to measure).
    The plywood laminated face isn't as flat though and I had to shim it (masking tape) from behind in the center.

Can you run a dado stack without the brake cartridge?

Checked my fence face on the industrial cabinet saw. No gap along the entire length.We are talking less than a ten thousandths of an inch.
    Sawstrop customer service as good as it gets. Returned call from the technician within an hour of my question being taken. Polite and patintly listened to me give the details and the reason for my question. I have delt with Delta on other matters and they are not even in the same league.
    Fit, finish and attention quality nuts and bolts for assembly. The correct bolt for diameter, length, strength, number and color for assembly of cast iron wings and fence rail. The well wriiten manual in color was a contrast to other manuals I have had to read and re-read.
    Go for the saw and work with confidence and peace of mind. Pracrtice good safety- follow sound wood working procedures, being alert , rested and working without haste.

I have a 2006 ICS (was call the professional table saw back then). Saw works perfect, the diag and test on my finger at least show me it does (you can touch the non moving blade with the inital switch on and it will fash showing you the brake would have fired had it been running). I have Never misfired a brake (no jinx, knock on wood). I have cut staples before no problem. I have cut what I thought was wet wood no problem. Dust collection is not perfect but it is better than the Delta 10" arbor saw I had before this. No way I would trade it for any North America style cabinet saw and I would have a hard time trading it for a Euro even but that is because I like using NA style table saws Still very very happy with its quality. My fence faces are also perfect. I own a dado cart and it takes less than one min to install while installing my dado blade. Never an issue there either. I would buy it again. Only thing I would change is their miter gauge - so I changed that.
    Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 03-29-2012 at 6:43 AM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.