Thread: Budget friendly mitre saw stand

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Denali-Miter-S...2K/ref=lh_ni_t

Anyone have experience with this stand?? $89.00 and free shipping may be hard to resist.
    Jeff, I have had the Denali stand for about 2 years with a DW713 sitting mounted on it in my basement; I use it mostly in making rough cuts of longer stock for further use on the table saw.

To me, the stand is surprisingly stable and solid feeling for the price, partly because of the steel construction. The mounting arrangement for the saw locks down positively enough without a lot of fussing and removes easily as well.

It's certainly not perfect: the rollers are sturdy enough and can be locked in place reasonably securely, but they don't bring the phrase "precision machinery" immediately to mind. Also, the legs lock stably for normal use, but don't try to slide the whole assembly about without dismounting the saw.

I certainly would buy this one again for light-medium duty use, though I might well have considered the lighter DeWalt model if moving it around frequently was part of the plan.
    -----
    p.s.: A number of the Amazon reviews suggest the Denali and Ryobi stands are from the same factory; the HD and Amazon photos are very similar, as well.
    Last edited by Marty Scott; 04-09-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added reference to Ryobi stand