Thread: Table saw upgrade.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Okay, I'm going to be bold here, and suggest you also consider, in that price range $1300, you look at a Steel City 35618. I've had one for about 8 years, more or less, and it is a great saw. I bought it when SC was fairly new, and was started by some x-Delta guys. I don't know what they have been doing since so can't say much, but I am very happy with my saw.
    Last edited by Paul Douglass; 05-03-2012 at 7:49 PM.
    "We the People ........"

The G1023RL and G0690 are both well proven values in this class of saw. I wouldn't hesitate about either one of them. If it were my decision I'd likely lean toward the 1023 for the updated drive system and improved DC....the few dollars saved is always nice too, and can be put toward a nice blade. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    Okay, I'm going to be bold here, and suggest you also consider, in that price range $1300, you look at a Steel City 35618. I've had one for about 8 years, more or less, and it is a great saw. I bought it when SC was fairly new, and was started by some x-Delta guys. I don't know what they have been doing since so can't say much, but I am very happy with my saw.

+1 I have had a SC for a few years. Bought it in the 1300 price range, it has been a solid saw, has a riving knife and is very well built. I went with the cast top for magnetic jigs I have. The fence is very good (Bies clone I believe), dust collection works well enough. I have no regrets and am extremely happy with my saw too.

Another Steel City user here.
    Nice saws.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night