Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wife Doesn't Like When I Park Like This...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

My Wife Doesn't Like When I Park Like This...

Especially if she is the one who has to get out of the space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3BGk...layer_embedded

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Gettin' out is the hard part.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

I'd like to see them try that with a Ford F-250

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bourque View Post
    Someone probably will (if they haven't already.).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bourque View Post
    you can try "that with any vehicle even a semi but if you are not equipped with electric steering , forget it unless the street are cover with black ice

Three words....
    four wheel low

Yeah, but how many attempts prior to that clip that resulted in collision?

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    you can try "that with any vehicle even a semi but if you are not equipped with electric steering , forget it unless the street are cover with black ice
    What do you mean about electric steering? The Mini Cooper has a standard rack and pinion steering, it is power assisted and has the unusual arrangement of using a electric pump for the PS not a mechanical one but it is a non-issue. Although I need a space about 4 feet longer than my car to be safe, I can e-brake park my car like that with no problem and I don't need ice involved, well OK I may not be able to do it now, it has been 10 years since I spent any amount of time on the track or drifting but the point is it can easily be done without any electric steering, 100s of youtube videos to prove it.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I've found that the parking brake in a lot of newer cars won't lock the rear tires anymore. Don't really know why.

I'll have to show that to my wife. Give her something to shoot for with her Mini.

Good to know that the R113's on that Mini Cooper can handle that side load.

John
    Newer cars, including that Mini Cooper, have a parking brake that turns the rear caliper piston in. If you really want to set the brake hard you have to pull up significantly on the brake handle, or pump the handle and bring it to the top. I can't speak for other cars, but you can lock a Mini's rear wheels right up.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    What do you mean about electric steering? The Mini Cooper has a standard rack and pinion steering, it is power assisted and has the unusual arrangement of using a electric pump for the PS not a mechanical one but it is a non-issue. Although I need a space about 4 feet longer than my car to be safe, I can e-brake park my car like that with no problem and I don't need ice involved, well OK I may not be able to do it now, it has been 10 years since I spent any amount of time on the track or drifting but the point is it can easily be done without any electric steering, 100s of youtube videos to prove it.

Thanks, I was afraid to ask....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    Thanks, I was afraid to ask....
    electric steering are use only on small cars [as far as I known] driving side-way is a piece of cake if the car are front-wheel-drive car compare to the rear wheel drive, DO SOME cars employ rear wheel steering ?

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    electric steering are use only on small cars [as far as I known] driving side-way is a piece of cake if the car are front-wheel-drive car compare to the rear wheel drive, DO SOME cars employ rear wheel steering ?
    GM produced some trucks with four-wheel steering, but I know of none with just rear-wheel steering.

If they spent half this much time teaching each year's crop of a hundred thousand new Chinese drivers what road signs meant, they would be miles ahead.

The China I left behind didn't bother with maintenance of any moving vehicle... thirty more years of driving will see China open the World's largest scrapyard.
    This kind of showboating is cool, until any fool thinks they can do it without practice, on a public motorway.

I would be much more impressed by this if it was done with a minivan full of groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    GM produced some trucks with four-wheel steering, but I know of none with just rear-wheel steering.
    I saw fire trucks with two man team doing the steering '[ one man in the front , the other man in the back end of the truck steering around the corner, you can buy vehicles with rear -wheel steering only [farm tractors and fork -lift trucks and grass -mower machines, the cars got 4-wheel steering , I wonder what the turning distance are for 4 wheel steering , if one wheel get in a hole , will the car keep doing donuts ?