Thread: bought a used Agazzani bandsaw on Craiglist today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

bought a used Agazzani bandsaw on Craiglist today

It's a B20 and in great shape. Apparently just sitting around mostly for about 6 years. It does have the older Euro guides. Came with the lenox carbide blade and a few others.

Anyone want a Jet 18? :-)

Wow. Some people never sleep on this board :-)

It's actually an NRA-500. This is a 20" saw similar to the one I almost bought recently in Las Vegas. I got this one in LA, so was a lot shorter drive. Still, it was a 7 hour trip yesterday to pick this up. I'm cleaning things with Boeshield T9 this morning. The Jet 18 is next to it for comparison (if the picture loads).

I paid $1950 for the saw, which is something like a third of the new price from what I understand. Not that much of a gloat since the Las Vegas saw was $1500. Still, I'm happy with it. This has the rip fence and crosscut guide with it. It also has an interesting box around the lower guides to collect sawdust.

I don't know the difference between the B20 and NRA-500 and neither did the fellow I bought it from apparently. Does anyone here know? This saw is 6' 6" and will fit though my 7' door, so I think it's about all the saw I can take.

The wheel set is nice on the Agazzani. Looks like 0.125" tubing. I'll probably weld a set of leveling pads on the corners like I did on the wheels I made for the Jet. (see pic) This takes the weight off the wheels and helps to stabilize the saw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Larry Gipson; 06-20-2012 at 1:14 PM.