Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supergrit, Klingspor, or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    He may have been referring to the chart! I didn't think of that I was referring to a different test which had SIMILAR but not the same results.
    Could have been,
    the results were close enough for me to buy 500 discs...
    thanks for swaying me
    Carpe Lignum

I used to go to Kligspor's retail store in Hickory (the best of the three and in the same building as their commercial side) it is a full line store not just abrasives and love to get the Bargain Box deals, they are cutoffs and CHEAP. Even better if you go into the store you can pick your own out of big bins of rolls and cutoffs etc and you pay by the pound. They do ship the Bargain Boxes.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

A big plus on Klingspor's bargin bins. I buy roll ends that are at least 12 " wide. From these, I cut disks for my 12" disk sander. Spray the back with adhesive and slap them on the sander. Costs me less than $0.50 for a disk.

I wish they had done some comparisons using at least one of the Festool lines of sandapaper (rubin, granat, whatever). I'd be interested to see how it measures up to the other brands. I've been using Granat for the last year and like it a lot, but it would be fun to see an objective comparison.
    Soli Deo Gloria.
    Chief Sawdust Maker, LoneStar Artisans
    Chief Sawdust Maker, The BoardSMITH
    Secretary, North Texas Woodworkers Association

Since I've been using the better discs, sure been going through the velcro pads on my Bosch ros. Klingspor's has some foam pads that you put on the sander, then put the discs on the pad, wish I had bought a dozen. The foam gives up before the velcro does.