Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Agazanni in liquidation

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    This thread appears to give an explanation to Agazzani... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ing-to-Germany!
    Excellent news, I hope it continues to work for Jesse!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

my AGGI 24 / 24 is on the truck from Cali as we speak - should be hear on Monday.

The really good news here is we are talking Panhans which if it is still the same has always been "almost Martin". The company assets are being liquidated and the plant closed. Panhans likely bought the rights to the name, designs, drawings, and any "patent like" protections to be able to make their own saws using as much or as little of the Agazzani methods as they choose. Had the buyer been Jet, or the guy who bought Oliver we would have no reason for relief. Panhans has not had much of a presence here in the US but hopefully that will change. Dave

Everyone, please refer to my posting in this thread, it will dispel all rumors,,,,,,,,

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ing-to-Germany!

5. I'm glad I decided on Minimax; although, I wouldn't say they are perfect either...

I bought an MM-24 (arrived as S600p) in April...delivery was delayed several times - ran out of stock of the 7.5HP motors, etc...finally took delivery in July...and it still isn't up and running because I'm waiting on some parts (from Italy) that were damaged in transit...the thing was crated very poorly -- I'm really surprised 100% of the people are not getting their machines damaged in transit...On the top of my machine, the paint job is a real mess -- spots everywhere...that was not a thing that happened in transit, but rather a bad paint job. My blade guards were heavily scratched, etc...There are holes in the top of the machine and apparently they no longer supply plugs for them, so you get a dust cloud when running it...

I hope I get to start it up this month...and I hope it isn't damaged in ways I'm unaware of.

My comparo of Minimax vs. Agazzani:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TBkdFNDeHVKSXc

Agazzani- I've got a machine about 10 years old, and it has held up very well. Really no build quality issues at all. And mainly, no weirdness; just put in the blade, tighten it up, and cut.

That said, If I were buying new, I would look long and hard at the felder bandsaws. I've seen them in their showroom and they looked very nicely put together, and they have people and some parts in Delaware. For used, there is lots of iron popping up. My feeling is that 700 dollars, and a couple tanks of gas could get you a lifetime machine, with money left over for blades, etc. Also, the number one rule, in bandsaws, size does matter.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cherry View Post
    Agazzani- I've got a machine about 10 years old, and it has held up very well. Really no build quality issues at all. And mainly, no weirdness; just put in the blade, tighten it up, and cut.

That said, If I were buying new, I would look long and hard at the felder bandsaws. I've seen them in their showroom and they looked very nicely put together, and they have people and some parts in Delaware. For used, there is lots of iron popping up. My feeling is that 700 dollars, and a couple tanks of gas could get you a lifetime machine, with money left over for blades, etc. Also, the number one rule, in bandsaws, size does matter.
    I bought 2 Felder machines -- funny you should mention them...F700Z and AD-741...at the time of my research into Bandsaws, I was looking at 24" resaw...I considered the FB500,FB600,FB540,FB640,FB740,FB840 but all of these had much more limited height - none seem to do 24"...and I have this thing for wide slabs of Walnut.

I will say that the Felder customer service has been exceptional so far...much better than Minimax....much, much, much better...When my new MM-24 was damaged in transit, I was told to talk to parts...a month later and I still don't have it...lots of work on my part to deal with this...very frustrating... The Felder customer service folks got back to me in hours/days and were very proactive... The Felder salesfolks are so proactive they are...to me...quite annoying...like a car salesforce...but they really do try hard and should be commended for that.

-mark

Mark, interesting post. I hope you get your issues with Mini Max worked out.

When I first read the post about the liquidation I was upset as I just pulled the trigger on a new 24 / 24 and it was on the truck on its way here. I called Jesse from Eagle and we talked at length. Really, what is going to fail on the machine that Aggi builds... the frame, the table ? Jesse has spent hours with me on this and on the machine making sure it arrived in flawless condition - ready to go. What really blew me away was his response about being concerned with a machine from a company that is no longer in buisness. " if your unsure, send it back. Better yet, if you use it for a while and you dont like it crate it up and send it back "
    Yeah right ! The Saw is SAWEET in form and finish and not a blemish anywere- it looks as good standing still as it does running. The duel dust collection is a huge bonus, especially working with Corian. OH did I mention it cuts like a dream!
    FYI for anyone getting one - on the mobile base it is the EXACT height of the festool MFT table for runout or circle work.
    Mark, sorry for the MM problems you are having, if that was me I would have freaked out! We have had had multiple shipping problems this year with machinery and materials. One solid surface delivery from FEDUP freight was so damaged that it was refused. When the supplier agreed to eat the damaged sheet I went to the terminal to pick it up. The dispatcher was an A-hole and the wharehouse fork lift driver was ramming the end of the twelve foot 3K worth pallet with three foot forks at speed, of course with his headphones on without a care in the world. They could care less what's in your box. It was all I could do not to jerk him off the fork lift and beat him ! When I asked him to get fork extentions for the lift he got off the machine and walked away leaving me and the dispatcher to load BY HAND. We wonder why we dont manufacture anything here in the USA - Hell we cant even deliver anything ! These machines are made thousands of miles away and usually incure more damage in the last leg of their journey.
    As soon as I witnessed this I made my own arrangements to pick up a martin shaper that was to be delivered. I couldnt imagine them hadling anything of value.
    Yes the Aggi was not cheap and in a economy that is tanking in most parts of the planet I'm sure it will not the last to liquidate or just go under. Hearing that PanHans was the buyer was comforting in this CNC driven, cost cutting road that production woodworking is headed.