Thread: WOW - What a Morning ! ! ! ! !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

WOW - What a Morning ! ! ! ! !

<p align="center">
    WOW - WHAT A MORNING SO FAR</p>

I have been experiencing tornado weather since 8:00am this morning. Really scarry since my Grandson and I actually saw a tornado passing within 500 yds of "The Old Rebel Workshop". Luckily it did not actually touchdown, but close. Touchdown occurred about 2 miles down the road to the East. At the time the Nexrad Radar was showing 4 tornados within an 8 mile radius of my house - all at the same time.

Major hail -- golf ball size and 3" of rain in 1 1/2 hours.

There is major flooding all over the city of Huntsville and the surrounding area. The Von Braun Civic Center in the downtown area has more than 3' of water in the underground parking facility. Lots of trees and power lines down everywhere.

I am closely monitoring the TV. Unfortunately we are expected to be under tornado/severe thunderstorm watch for the rest of the day. (as I was typing this the TV Station went off the air).
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 05-06-2003 at 11:03 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.