Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockler's new glue Silicone brush.... It works

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rockler's new glue Silicone brush.... It works

Ok, I am a sucker for gadgets I guess.

I had to order some items from Rockler and when I did they popped up the Silicone Glue Brush when I went to check out and I got 2 of them.

I really like them, I did a glue up the other night and use the new brush. The brush works well to spread the glue even across the surface. It works well to carry glue from one area of heavy glue to a thinner area. It is just a little to wide for a 3/4" edge but turning the brush side ways works just fine.

Now they show the dried glue just pulling right off, so after I was done I just left the brush set, no clean up. Then a day later I picked up the dry brush and YES just pulled the glue right off and now it ready to use again.

So I can say I really like it and an added benefit is no bristles in the glue.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...8&site=ROCKLER

45624-07-500.jpg

Thanks for the note Bill.

My wife has a couple of these BBQ type brushes I have my eye on.......

Now that I know they can be tried out and the glue comes off easily without trace ability..... well.......

makes me wonder if they're any different than the bbq type.

Time to check out Wally World for the grilling brushes. They should be going on clearance soon as they make room for halloween and Christmas stuff.

Don

Dollar tree has em for a buck..

Does cured epoxy just chip off too?

Blog Entries
    I have a Rockler brush and a bbq brush. The Rockler bristles are a little thicker and stiffer than the cooking one. I wonder if the cooking brush would survive having the glue pulled off. I will probably get a couple more Rockler brushes just to make sure I always have one around.

I still washed mine the first time I used it. I might actually be better off let it dry. I noticed that there was a little glue in the nooks and crannys when I finished washing.

Similar experience here - impulse buy (2 - one for home, one for work) when ordering something else. I also like them. I've been a finger guy all this time, but the times seem have changed.......there may be cheaper options, but these sure don't break the bank.

Rockler seems to be becoming the kitchen gadget store of the woodworking world and some things are really not well thought out (take that metal bin you are supposed to hang out from your work bench with the sharp corners????) Glad to hear these work. The tray seems like a good idea too. We switched Yogurt brands and I'm running out of my stockpile of cups.

Blog Entries
    I think there is no question that Rockler has brought out their fair share of oddball gadgets. But that's what you have to do when you are trying to find new products. Some will sell well and others won't. I choose to celebrate the fact that they are thinking and sort of ignore the fact that they don't always get it right.

They actively solicit inventors and will help them through product design. I like that there is someplace for inventors to go and would be interested in anyone here who has gone through the process with Rockler. Did they treat you fair and square?

Quote Originally Posted by David Hawxhurst View Post
    makes me wonder if they're any different than the bbq type.
    Well, the local Rockler sales clerk did refer to it as "turkey baster" in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way. I've been declining their offers, but based on the comments here, I think I'll gvie it a try.

Hmmm--all this talking about "easy to clean" sounds like work to me. I don't want to clean anything, even if it's "easy".

I think I'll stick to my little jar of water with several different sizes of cheap brushes.

My favorite is 1", which spreads glue fast on 3/4" boards without Picassoesque effort. Most brushes are too long, so I cut bristles down to about 3/4" long. Easy way to cut brushes down is to grab a big chisel and give it a quick wack.

I have one and I hate it. Yes the qlue comes off but the brush itself is too large adn clunky for my taste. I was talking to an employee at my local Rockler the other day and they asked if I wanted to try one out with the rest of my stuff I was buying. I told him that I purchased one online and hated it. He told me if I brought it in he would refund my money. Good to see they stick by their products. A lot of people love it. It just doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I have one and I hate it. Yes the qlue comes off but the brush itself is too large adn clunky for my taste. I was talking to an employee at my local Rockler the other day and they asked if I wanted to try one out with the rest of my stuff I was buying. I told him that I purchased one online and hated it. He told me if I brought it in he would refund my money. Good to see they stick by their products. A lot of people love it. It just doesn't work for me.
    I think you could just cut it down to your needs, it is a little wide for 3/4" boards but I just turn it side ways and it works just as good. I am sure I will be using some smaller brushes on some things that are really small.

Tell them to make a smaller one
    Like 1/2" version of it