Thread: new 12" miter saw

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's why I love my Dewalt 12" - The LED light option. It blows away any laser I've ever used, perfectly indicating the kerf with a shadow, never needing adjustment when I change the blade. I have no clue why they don't market the heck it of that feature; even the packaging made it look like just another work light. That light is what made me pick the dewalt when seeking a new saw.
    Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.

so the dewalt takes both a 5/8" or a 1" arbor blade.

so with the options, which size should i get??

tony

I have the Bosch 5312 with the T4B stand. So far I have been happy with it and it is very quick to set up. Start to finish from getting it out of the corner of my garage to being set up to cut is about 10 minutes. That sounds like a while but with all the junk in my garage it is really fast. The blade on the saw is not that great but for cutting 2x's it has proved adequate. I have a couple of CMT blades that I purchased from Lowes for use when the quality dictates it. Storage space is small and the saw has worked well so far.

Mark

I also have the Bosch 5312 with the T4B gravity rise stand. It serves both as a cabinet shop saw and a general construction job site saw. Great saw, and the stand is far and away best-in-breed IMO: I can pull the lever, collapse it, and have it against the wall in about 8 seconds. Big wheels make it easier to pull around a job site.

I looked at the DeWalt but was turned off by the many reviews complaining about the un-smooth rails.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Tenryu SL-305100 12" 100tooth great blade.