Thread: Ash Urn

Ash Urn

Been trying to get some urns done for the pet crematorium here. This is the first one I've gotten done in the 100# plus range. Around 9" tall by 5-1/4" diameter. Been trying to give the customers some options on which cap they would like as well. The first one is ash, bubinga on the second and cherry for the third. Let me know what you think. Also any other ideas you think would work well for a cap. Been thinking of doing a finial, but not sure of what might look best.

This is the first hollow form turned using my new steady rest. It's nice to have that extra stability to get a nice smooth inside.

Clint

DSC_2026.jpgDSC_2027.jpgDSC_2028.jpg

2. Very nice work Clint! Glad you are getting a chance to supply these urns........best of luck!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Really nice work. I like all the lids. Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Looks nice. I like the last lid the best. The ash lid also works. If you add a finial, I'd make it small and simple. JMO....
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

All three look good...nice variety. I agree with Doug about a small and simple finial if you go that route.

Nice work. Great idea of different woods for the lid.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author