Thread: careful ordering tools

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

careful ordering tools

I have ordered a few tools from Grizzly before. Two I picked up and one delivered with no issues. With that experience being good I ordered another tool a thickness planer and the first shipment arrived looking like someone had taken a hammer to the paint with cracks and chips everywhere. It was returned and a second machine sent out with the promise that it would be inspected first. It arrived today with the box looking like it had been run into with a fork lift and bashed around. Upon initial inspection I couldn't see any damage other than a hold down strap had been damaged ( no big deal) it was only when I opened it did I discover two chunks of cast iron sitting under the machine. Turns out the fork lift bars that come with the machine had been driven hard enough to break two small ribs off the cast table. ( an issue but not a big one) then I noticed that the wheel for moving it had been damaged by the fork lift (the initial damage on the box) Still not a huge deal as that can be replaced and fixed. Now for the big one the paint is again cracked in certain places. this was the reason that it was sent back and suppose to have been inspected before shipping.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-16-2013 at 8:42 AM.