Thread: Pocket holes, paint, and 2-sided visibility

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On a couple corner cabinets I made, I ran an 1/8" thick piece of material, maybe 2" wide (just enough to cover the pocket hole) from top to bottom. I radiused over the edge that faces the inside, squared edge up at the faceframe. It goes on with a couple pins, and covers all the holes in one quick application. You have to make a little notch in the shelves, but it trims it out quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    On a couple corner cabinets I made, I ran an 1/8" thick piece of material, maybe 2" wide (just enough to cover the pocket hole) from top to bottom. I radiused over the edge that faces the inside, squared edge up at the faceframe. It goes on with a couple pins, and covers all the holes in one quick application. You have to make a little notch in the shelves, but it trims it out quite nicely.
    Thanks, Richard, that's a great idea. I'll look into that at my next application. On a side note, I've spent a lot of time in Pekin and south Peoria, so hi from an 'occasional local'!

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.