Thread: Help! The bandsaw switch replacement project that just won't end!

Help! The bandsaw switch replacement project that just won't end!

I replaced the switch on my 1960s Delta 14" bandsaw (the previous owner had apparently replaced the broken original switch with a house light switch). Here's the post in which you guys helped me:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...h-on-a-Bandsaw

Once I got everything wired up and the saw ran, I called it a victory and went inside. Well, today was a nice warm 55 degree day, and I was excited to spend some time in the garage with the new saw. I fired it up and immediately realized the something was very wrong: the blade was running backward (on the table side it was moving upward).

I tried swapping the the black and white wires that were on posts #13 and #23, but the motor still ran backward.

Help!

Review Rod's layout for wiring.

You have connected the windings to run the other way.
    13 and 14 are switched, Motor 1/3/8
    23 and 24 are swithced, Motor 4/5/2

I suspect you have motor 2 and 3 incorrectly connected to the internal pigtails.

UNPLUG THE MOTOR before proceeding...

Do you have any terminals on the motor labeled T5 or T6?

Some of the motors I have show a wiring diagram and what wires to swap to reverse rotation.

If you have terminal numbers or a diagram, it might give us enough info to find your problem.

Bill

You did more than put a new switch in-line. You also had to have rewired in the motor.
    I always suggest to someone not familiar with electricity to find a friend that does know.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night