Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acceptance

Acceptance

I just got a call from Buffalo Bill Cultural Center. They would like to buy and present for sale some of my turnings at the Center. They promote handmade things from Kansas and anything with a western theme. I sent them several pictures and they want to see my birdhouses, peppermills, pens, bottle stoppers, pill holder and toothpick holder key chains. She said she would also be interested in platters with meadowlarks, buffalo's, etc. pyro'd on them. She said they would buy them if I can give them 25% to 30% discount of my price. I thought that is great because that is the commission for the art gallery and floral/craft store I display at now. The nice thing is they buy them from me out right so I don't have to worry about keeping track of things. She said they would order as needed. She said they have upwards of 200,000 or more visitors a year. So I am excited to see how this will work out.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

super Bernie, could be a wood mine

3. Way to go Bernie, that's the hard part, finding an outlet whose commission added to your cost doesn't push the overall price too high for the market.

Outstanding Bernie! Hopefully the demand will be "just right" so you can work at your own pace and this won't become a fulltime job if you know what I mean.

Congratulations Bernie! Sounds like a really good deal to me. With that much traffic you should have lots of sales.

Congratulations, hope it works out for you.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Way to go. That's great, Bernie.

Good for you Bernie, yes it is nice when the gallery does buy the pieces, I have one that does, and it is nice, money in hand and no paper to make sign and keep up with it, especially as this one was/is rather distant from me, keep busy but keep it also still fun to do .
    Have fun and take care

Well done Bernie. I think that's the way to do it. Galleries around here want 40%.

Pat on the back to ya my friend!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Great deal man congrads.But now you are turing this into a real job, and i thought you retired so you could take it easy. Yea right.

Congratulations my friend.....as Will Geer said in "Jeremiah Johnson"......"You've come a long ways Pilgrim!"................
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks to all. Leo my ears perked up when she said they would buy them rather than consign them. That is a whole lot less paperwork and a whole lot less time involved for sure. If this works out well I may drop the gallery as the sales have been really slow now for about the last year or so. Made more money at the craft fair this year than the last two years at the gallery.

Steve B. I asked my wife the other day coming home from seeing the grandson, "how did I ever have time for a full time job." Between woodturning and trying to keep up with my antique clock restoration business it keeps me going but sometimes can be a pain.

Ken I remember way back to the "bomb." It has been a while but all fun my friend.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congrats Bernie and good luck.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Good stuff, Bernie. I congratulate you and hope they sell a ton for you.
    faust