Thread: Engraving Supplier Shipping Cost???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dan, Good post...

Couple of other items as well.. We also drop ship for web customers. We charge a $2.50 drop ship fee, as I have explained to them it takes just as long to tape a box, go to the computer and enter the shipping information, print the label, etc... for 1 item as it does for 10. I have never had anybody complain about the fee. Also, (And I need to check again), but when you enter your info into the UPS system and print your label, you get the price. But if you have ever compared the shipping price to the actual invoice????? The shipping price that they show when printing the label doesn't show the "fuel surcharge" on your bill...AND funny enough as I am typing this post I checked one of my invoices and found out that they are charging me a "residential fee" for one of my commercial address customers... HMMM... I know WHO I'll be calling today...
    Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen, 45 Watt with Gold Catalyst tube
    Rotary Attachment
    Corel Draw X5
    Complete wood shop.

What I found out yesterday enraged me a little. I was waiting for a package from TN shipped USPS . I checked tracking on Sunday it said departed Phoenix 9:32am. Well I assumed(yes I know)that it was going from Phoenix to my local PO, So when it wasn't delivered on Monday I went to PO to see if the truck was late and it didn't make my mail truck . They said no it hasn't got to the PO yet. So I asked were it was they said that it goes from Phoenix to the County hub then to your local. I said what,!! So basicly what happens is the truck with my package drove right past my PO another 70 miles to a PO unloaded scanned and loaded on to another truck to be driven back 70 miles to my PO. This happens with all mail coming to my PO from Phoenix. You wonder why the po is going broke and they keep raising prices. Talk about inefficiency .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    What I found out yesterday enraged me a little. I was waiting for a package from TN shipped USPS . I checked tracking on Sunday it said departed Phoenix 9:32am. Well I assumed(yes I know)that it was going from Phoenix to my local PO, So when it wasn't delivered on Monday I went to PO to see if the truck was late and it didn't make my mail truck . They said no it hasn't got to the PO yet. So I asked were it was they said that it goes from Phoenix to the County hub then to your local. I said what,!! So basicly what happens is the truck with my package drove right past my PO another 70 miles to a PO unloaded scanned and loaded on to another truck to be driven back 70 miles to my PO. This happens with all mail coming to my PO from Phoenix. You wonder why the po is going broke and they keep raising prices. Talk about inefficiency .
    No, it's actually more efficient to do it as described... they break out each section of the world into smaller and smaller sections, and the shipments get broken out in the same way. To go directly from one large hub to every mailbox within a 300 miles radius would be way too slow and costly. It takes extra time for your particular package, but the overall cost for the post office to move things this way is lower.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I know what you mean. Even if I mail something locally it has to go through Providence, RI (which wayyyy out of the way, about 40 miles from here).
    Epilog 35 Watt Mini 12" x 24"
    New Hermes V3400
    Kwikprint 55
    CorelDraw 2017, Illustrator, Photoshop