Thread: Injury causes rapid ring removal ..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for posting that. I got married 66 months ago and stopped wearing my ring 65 months ago. My wife has been on me ever since and I always tell her I do not wear it for the very reason you posted. Now I can show her those pictures and she may understand. Probly not, but worth a shot.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

I was going to find a picture of a ring cutter. What's what we use in the ER or OR. Someone beat me to it. Also, there is a neat trick with some string/dental floss/suture that often works without cutting the ring. We usually try that first. It works quite often. Basically wrapping the finger tightly with very thin sting, lubricating it, and slipping the ring over the new, temporarily smaller digit.

I would have just gone to the ER.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I was a first year apprentice and not yet married. Our class was shown many photos of what can happen when you don't take the necessary precautions while working with electricity. One photo showed a finger that was severed at the ring. The ring was welded to the bus of a panel. Our instructor said, "This is one reason why you should never wear any kind of jewelry at work." Then he went on to talk about watches, earrings, necklaces, etc. My thoughts went to all the additional ways you could get shocked through them In my 30+ years in the trade, I never wore ANY metal jewelry at work. Those lessons and images were forever burned into my brain.