Thread: Powermatic 3520B used price

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just purchased a 3520b used 5 years old and paid $2650. I also got the 18" extension bed, an index wheel and a dsut collector hood and stand for that price. I paid another $250 and got 3 chucks, extra jaws and some face plates. I felt pretty good about the price. It wasn't clean by any means but no rust on the bed so I think for a 5 year old lathe it was a fair price. They rarely come up for sale in my area so when this one came up I bought it. I figure if I don't mess it up I could probably sell it for what I paid in a few years.
    Here is a picture of it.
    lathe.jpg

Thanks, so the bed ext. new is about $400.
    They are asking $3000, but I think $2000 - 2300 might be more like it.

Thanks again

Steve

I would say $2000 would be a bargain. The lowest you can get a new one for is about $3400 when it is on sale. Currently they are running about $4K new. I think there would be more than a few buyers out there willing to pay $2500 for a clean 3520b, especially if there was some extra(s) thrown in. Many are sold by word of mouth and never show up on Craigs List.
    God is great and life is good!

Well this one has no extras, a long drive to see it and the thing that worries me is the VFD going bad or the motor. I had a Woodfast that I bought back in 1996 and sold it last year. It got a lot of use, but I took care of it, no drips or rust. The next week I had second thoughts. Isn't that always the way. I didn't realize that they come down to $3400 onsale.

Steve

I paid $3200 last month when they were on sale.

Just my luck!

Steve

Paul you must turn some pretty gnarly out of round stock to have the ballast you've added I don
    t have any ballast and turn up to 19.5 inches Willis ,