Quote Originally Posted by William Burgess View Post
Here is a picture of myself and my wife in front of our house with Kevin Durant (of the Oklahoma City Thunder). My shop is the garage you see to the left. It is destroyed as well as all my tools. Very sad day. My family is fine, but still very sad to lose my tools.

http://i.imgur.com/7TNbqeo.jpg
We were in the May 2010 tornado that hit the Love's truck stop on Choctaw Road. Just looking at your house, your insurance company will probably give you a check for the the "Dwelling" value on your policy. You may have to itemize ALL the "Personal Property" to get them to pay for it. They will pay up to the amount on your policy. This is kind of an area where it depends on your insurance company. I know one case where the house was leveled and the insurance company gave them a check for the full amount his policy stated with no receipts or pictures required for verification. Another situation, the people had to itemize every single thing tho they didn't have to provide receipts. They were able to take pictures of appliances and wads of clothes, etc. and was given the amount they had itemized. I'll send you a PM with a phone number you can call if you need anything.